Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tagged!

My daughter-in-law Jessica at Hey, Mrs. Robinson...... has tagged me!


Here's the rules!
1) Go to your photo files…Select the 6th photo folder
2) Select the 6th photo in that folder
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 5 blog friends to do the same!



First for my challenges: I have many photographer friends on here, so it's hard to choose. I'd love a chance to browse through all their hard drives! But I'll make a decision...

Lillie Diane at ...This Time Tomorrow…
Judy, a.k.a. Squirrel Queen at Through Squirrel Eyes
Mark at From The North Fork Long Island
Nina at Grandma Nina
Anne at Sassy Sasha the Lovable Shih Tzu
Rae at Weather Vane

OK, so maybe it's more than 5.



Now that I've solved that part, here's my dilemma... I have a gazillion photos, so I have to keep them very organized or I'd never find the one I wanted. That means folder with sub-folders and more sub-folders... You get the picture! (No pun intended.)



Anyway, I go to my pictures. The 6th folder is FARM. Great! I open it... It has 1 photo, 5 videos and 10 folders. OK, lets try the 6th sub-folder... Not so interesting but it has lots of photos! This folder is titled 'fence'. Ha ha! Why not the folder with the beautiful sunsets? Or the one with all the snow pictures? Or why not the 10 picture? (a very nice shot of my horses) OK, this is what she asked for...

I have a friend on MySpace that asked me questions about types of electric fence. I made this folder for him. We have different types of wire, rope, insulators, gate setups, etc. I shot examples of it all and uploaded them to MySpace. So here is the 6th picture in that folder...

For anyone interested, these are insulating standoffs. The white webbing has metal fibers running through it, so you need insulators between the strands and the metal posts. This shot is at the corner of our barn. The horses decided they wanted to kick at the flies while standing close enough to make holes in the wall! This keeps them a safe distance away from the metal siding.

Now then, aren't you glad you stopped by?

6 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

A really cool challenge, I'll give it a try. Like you I have massive folders with tons of sub folders.

Your's turned out to be of a fence, which is still cool btw, why do I have a feeling mine might be a photo of some part of my hubby's lathe?

Have a great day,
Judy

SquirrelQueen said...

Almost forgot, I have a new follower named Jade who is eleven years old, maybe she and Ali would hit it off. She's at http://insidejade.blogspot.com/
Her latest post is a bit heart breaking, very wise young lady.

Judy

Rae said...

Thanks Lily. I'm working on it.

Lille Diane said...

Thank you, Lily, for selecting me and especially for understanding. I am so behind with everything. I don't know how all of you keep up with the awards and tags... I guess I am easily overwhelmed. LOL But you know my not doing this is not personal towards anyone. I could never be that way... I'm just protecting what my mind can handle. I will always be thankful of every award and especially ones you've given me. :-) :-) :-)

The 6th folder, and 6th pic is my grandson, Emery.

Love you, Lily!!!

Ziggy Stardust said...

Thank you and I am going to work on this on Monday after Fathers Day. I hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for choosing me.

Anne

Lesley said...

Oh my gosh, that's funny! There was a facebook "game" going around for a while that had people look up a certain page and then a certain sentence in the book they were reading. That got some funny responses, too.