Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Diamond in the Rough

How do you like my stone stairway?
Ok, I know it needs a little work... I didn't put in anything for scale. These rocks are huge! I've had them for two years now. (Freebies) The new steps I put in go from my deck down half a flight and up to the pool. The bottom landing will turn off to go to the lower level, where there is a waterproof bathroom for the Grands when they exit the pool. It is the last side to begin landscaping, so I don't have many pictures. I'll have to make a point of shooting the 'before' mess. That end has been a storage area for my boulder collection, etc. Grand #2 comes Thursday. I don't think we'll have it done...

7 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

I don't think we can ever have too many rocks, my hubby thinks we do but I always want more.

You are going to have one great looking pool area. The sedum matrona would be perfect, it likes the sun. It is such a beautiful plant with all the pink and green.

Jase said...

it's good to have projects. My kitchen was under construction for around 1 year before I got sick of keeping my food in big plastic bins in the living room. Anything I wanted was always at the bottom.
You'll get to it, we all get to those tasks.

Mark Kreider said...

I won't tell you about the huge hole I cut in the wall between my kitchen and dinning room. No one comments anymore, they no longer notice it (or are too polite). But it will be grand when (if) it's finished!

Lily Robinson said...

You guys have made me feel all better! I guess we all have those 'someday' projects. Hubby promises though the steps will come soon!

Nancy said...

I can't wait to see it finished! How wonderful to have a pool for the grandkids.

~*Jessica*~ said...

DONT YOU OR RAY MOVE THOSE ROCKS!!!! Once the party is over this weekend, Tim can come over and help. We don't want either one of you getting hurt or in worse shape than you already are!!!

chicamom85 said...

Hi MzzLily, I am still here and thanks for visiting me. Have fun with your grandchildren, can't wait to see pictures.
Anne