Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

WARNING: Animal lovers who eat chicken... This is where they come from.

Remember the rooster you heard crowing in the background in one of my videos?

Well, he isn't crowing anymore... We had him for dinner tonight. It's only our second farm-fresh chicken. Still haven't got it right... He was a little tough but tasted much better than the first one.

Hubby's showing a little too much eyeball, but he's excited. I can't believe he's wearing this shirt! It says, 'The original wake up call."


10 comments:

AL said...

Funny...but the fried chicken looks good...was that burnt? If it is...then you are really a follower of burnt chicken republic!:)

AL

BarbiePhobia said...

hahaha this made me LOL. ^.^

AL said...

Grilled with special bbq sauce?? Now I drool! Gimme gimme!

AL

AmberRose said...

haha, this was halerious....Im a huge fan of chicken, in fact...that's what we had tonight too, bbq chicken!!! lol

Grandma Nina said...

It looked good to me. Hope your Hubby enjoyed his Father's Day.
I'm glad my posts are showing up again on reading list. I shouldn't mess with these settings so much because I don't know what I'm doing half the time.
Thanks for your help and feedback.

SquirrelQueen said...

You brought back some memories from my childhood. I remember my grandmother going out to the backyard and getting a chicken for dinner. So good. But I also remember it was always a hen and never a rooster, maybe the hens are more tender? I really don't know, just a memory.

chicamom85 said...

He does look happy with that chicken leg. I have no problem with you raising chickens to eat, I just don't want to be there when, well you know they meet their demise.

Anne

DJan said...

In Animal Vegetable Miracle, they cooked their first homegrown chicken and as I remember, it was also tough. But the hubby didn't wear such a sassy t-shirt! Good job!

Jase said...

One of my friends purchased a lamb so they could feed it and eat it. I told them not to name it or they would treat it as a pet. They named it. When they had it slaughtered and they cooked it, no one would eat it. It just sat in the middle of the table with them all staring at it.

Rae said...

Your hubby is so clever in that shirt. Looks quite happy though.

Poor old rooster. Guess he didn't get the message -don't go to Lily's farm.