Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, June 8, 2009

progress report

Even with shade and a breeze, the humidity was unbearable this morning. A storm was rolling in and I wanted to get the new dirt covered before it was washed away. Ali and I put down landscaping fabric to help with weeds, and then mulched the slope under the steps. Ali also used the hoe to make a little trench to anchor some landscaping timber pieces as edging. Papaw overworked on the stones so we gave him the day off. Maybe tomorrow we can get some more into place before the heat returns.

6 comments:

chicamom85 said...

Except for the humidity, it sounds like a pretty good day. Take it easy with those stones.

Anne

Jase said...

excellent job. I have some garden work if you want ... nevermind.

SquirrelQueen said...

Looking good, it is going to be great. I really like the placement of the plants.
Looks like you have a good helper too.

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh, I was going to tell you I got so far behind on posting those awards. How come they all seem to come at once?
Judy

Rae said...

Ali,
You are too cute for words and a great big help to grandma. I am sure she appreciates it.

Grandma Nina said...

Your garden project is coming along so nice. I don't know how you do everything you do.