Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Swweeet!

I love sweet potatoes! This is the first year we've grown
them in the garden. According to the seed catalog, you can
leave them in the ground much later than this, but my FIL
was anxious to dig a mound and see what they had.They got quite a lot out of each mound!
Some were long and skinny, some short and fat.
Some got so big they broke open!

When you look at this one, keep in mind that Hubby is 6'5" and wears a size 14 ring! Yep, it's a big potato!

Of course, anytime something's going on, Nekoda is nearby watching... and Buddy's never far from her.

The garden looks like a jungle now. The morning glory vines have staked their territory. There are a few tomatoes struggling to turn red. FIL has turnips left to harvest, too.
The rest will have to wait until tomorrow...

9 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

It does look like a jungle - a beautiful tropical jungle.

Now it's time for some sweet potato fries.

SquirrelQueen said...

When the photos are enlarged it really does look like a jungle.

Sweet potato pie?

Rae said...

Good news. You must have gotten outside to get some photos. I like sweet potatoes too but I never cook them for some reason. Where was Sadie? She is usually a big part of the action.

CrazyCris said...

YUM!
Send me one? They're hard to find around here! :o(
On second thoughts better not, I just remembered I don't have an oven for the next 3 months!!! :s

AL said...

WOW! I didn't know that you also grow sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes makes lots of wonders.

Sweet potatoes in caramel syrup...try it girl! Boil 2 cups of brown sugar in a cup of water, put 3 pieces of sweet potatoes (sliced) until it's cooked. Watch it, don't overcook the sugar or it might get stiff.

Another one...slice sweet potatoes, sprinkle it with brown sugar then fry it. Yummy!

AL

Naqvee said...

i love sweet potato cake

Amanda said...

You should definetly make some sweet potato fries. Soooo good!

Amanda said...

You should definetly make some sweet potato fries. Soooo good!

Gloria said...

I'm definitely going to try my hand at growing sweet potatoes now! My hubby likes getting his hands dirty too and, like your hubby, he's a big boy. 6' 4'' to be precise!!!