Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Eerie Coincidence

The strangest thing happened last night, September eleventh. I drove to Middletown to pick up my oldest granddaughter. She is babysitting me this weekend while Hubby is gone. (Collecting the eggs, feeding the chickens.) Between her home and mine, there is a man-made lake with a beach. When Dani was very young, I used to take her there to ride my Seadoos. She was probably only four or five the last time we went. She doesn't remember much about the lake, so we decided to take the long way home. We made a quick stop at the beach, planning to drive the back roads and count deer.

Thank goodness she remembered my gas gauge! I forgot to stop in town and there wouldn't be any stations on our way home. Waynesville is just a few minutes back toward the west, so I headed there to get fill up at the BP station right across the highway at the edge of town. Dani was playing with the Garmin, (I love those kinds of back road trips!) checking to see all the gas stations within the area. She said there was a Marathon station up main street. I have a Marathon card, so decided to go a tad further and get the discount.

When I realized where I was headed, it sent chills up my spine. This was the very same station that Hubby and I stopped at on THE September eleventh! This would be only the second time in my life that I have been to that station! I stopped at an intersection as I was sharing this with Dani. I looked to my left, and there on the corner was a little shop called 'Lily's Corner'.

Now, if I was one to believe that such things happened for a reason and meant something, I would have been up all night.

2 comments:

Rae said...

That is some coincidence and a little eerie. Good thing Dani was there to be your gas gauge reminder. Hope you two have a great weekend together.

SquirrelQueen said...

That is a eerie coincidence and would definitely cause spine chills. Did you check out the little shop? I would have been curious and would have had to take a peek.

It is a good thing Dani was thinking about the gas gauge.