Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Let the Children Come

Anyone out there want to encourage my grandchildren? I welcome it. Want to tell them to get a good education; they'll need it for the future? Please do. Want to impress upon them that we can only do such much; and they need to do their part by listening and learning? Let me give you their phone number... Call them up. Want to share a success story with them? Go ahead.

No wait... That stuff's bad isn't it? Won't it warp their minds? Maybe make them too liberal?

Relax. Encouragement is good.


Here is a link so that you can read for yourself what our president's speech to school children is about.

4 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

It just points out to me how backward a portion of our society thinks.

CrazyCris said...

Excellent speech!

If perhaps a bit more focused towards Jr High - High schoolers... probably a bit over the level or primary school.

I can't see why on Earth ANYONE would have a problem with their kids being told that!!!

Anonymous said...

I think closed-minded people can find controversy in anything if they look hard enough.

I thought the President's message was very good, and I can't find anything in it that would warrant the kind of reaction some people have had to it.

He is our President. Regardless of one's political ideology, our children should be taught to respect the office he holds. Any school administration that chose to boycott the message needs to take a long hard look at who is making their decisions for them, and why.

CrazyCris said...

I think you'll enjoy this post I just came across:

http://stuffwhitepeopledo.blogspot.com/2009/09/object-to-having-their-children.html