Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Feeling my 'old' self...



Cabin fever attacked my sanity? Asthma deprived the brain cells of adequate oxygen, prevented me from having rational thoughts? What happened to my head?

OK, the truth: I'm old. My hair is turning gray. Might have been all gray, if it hadn't been for a little help from my BF. Thanks to her expertise, my reddish locks still looked fresh and young the last couple of years. I have spent most of the summer quarantined inside the air conditioning, and let my hair go. Roots were turning into shrubs. Hubby has been bugging me to let it go 'Au natural'. My BF said, "You're too young to look old!" I was ready. Why does a woman that spends most of her time with animals need to color her hair? The horses won't notice.

I've never really been one of those 'primpy' girls. My philosophy has always been, "It's hair. It will grow back." So, last night while Hubby was gone, I got out the clippers and scissors and went to work.


I looks like S**T! LOL Seriously, it does. There are parts that will have to grow out to look like Jamie Lee Curtis' do. I had a plan for using Hubby's clippers, but it didn't work out the way I thought it would. Luckily, I changed to Plan B quickly enough to save the remaining scalp.


Believe it or not, Hubby loves it! (His eyesight has been going downhill in recent years.)











So, it was time. Time for me to just be old. The age I am. Not ancient, but no spring chicken. I'm OK with that. I actually think it looks cute as a button! (Just one of my favorite sayings... thought it would fit well here.)

My old profile pic was just that... old. So I looked young. Now here's a new pic, so I look old. There's some kind of peaceful symmetry to that... yin and yang?

What does Hubby think of the self-portraits? He says they don't look like me! Uh... I took them today. Hello... it's me.

8 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

I love it, you look great. The color is perfect.

Rae said...

Looking good!!!!!

Historical sites with charmine said...

Your looking hip!Color your hair if you like,the horses will not mind.

Sandi K said...

Fabulous cut! So much easier than longer hair, too :)

CrazyCris said...

looks good! :o)

Leave a Legacy said...

Oh Lily, I love it! I'm a short hair person. I was looking at some old pictures the other day and saw a few from a rare time when my hair was longer and I thought, "Oh, that looked good". But then I remembered that it was a pain in the butt to get it to look good. I've become a wash and wear type of old girl these days. And I figure just like you - Who cares? I hardly go anywhere. So I keep it short. It's also reddish blond right now but I also love the Jamie Lee Curtis look and wanted to go that way but my hairdresser told me the same thing, that she wouldn't let me do that yet. So I gave in, but you've got me thinking about it again.
BTW, I think you look younger and "cute as a button".

Ziggy Stardust said...

You are a beautiful lady!

Anne

Naqvee said...

pretty lady!