Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Hubby's record breaker!

Hubby's still talking about that 4 1/4 lb sweet potato. Tonight he got curious... "I wonder what the biggest sweet potato on record is?" He had a glint in his eye. I could even read his mind: "It's gotta be close. Wouldn't that be great if I got in THE record book! If it's not big enough, maybe net year."

So I asked him, "You want me to look it up?"

"Can you do that?"

I'm sitting here, with my laptop at the ends of my fingers... So, in a few seconds, I found this:


Heaviest sweet potato

The world's heaviest sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) weighed 37 kg (81 lb 9 oz) on 8 March 2004 and was grown by Manuel Pérez Pérez (Spain) in Güime, Lanzarote, Spain.

Yeah, maybe next year...

8 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Wow that's a potato-person

SquirrelQueen said...

Well, I'm still think four and a quarter pounds is a big sweet potato. I'll bet it tastes a lot better than the record holder.

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh - an 81 lb sweet potato? Yeah, maybe next year...

Rae said...

He better start buying the Miracle Gro if he wants to beat that record. I want to see him haul that one into the kitchen. Wonder who is going to cook it??

DJan said...

I had to laugh when I imagined what looks like a body being hauled by two people into the kitchen. Watch out if he wants to beat that record! Isn't the internet great? I'll bet we can find out a whole lotta factoids without breaking a sweat...

Jan Mader said...

I have an idea...tell your husband to just try to beat his own records every year....it'll be much easier and tastier for sure!

Gloria said...

Ha Ha!!!!! Love it!

Albert E. Hairless said...

mmm...my mom says those tomatoes look delish and she thinks your goats are really cute.