Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

God was multi-tasking!

See the bright sunshine?See the pouring rain?

See the bright sunshine & the pouring rain?
I did not correct the exposure on these; the sun was blindingly bright! It poured rain so hard that we had standing water all over the yard and pasture. I just knew there had to be a beautiful rainbow to the east.

To see in that direction I have to go through the garage or look out my in-laws bedroom windows. I did neither. I waited for the rain to let up to a light sprinkle before I took these next shots.

See the double rainbow? It's faint, but it's there.



I just love it when I can see both ends and the double bow! The other end was other the barn and not very picturesque. Someday I'll have a new camera and be able to capture those moments much better!

9 comments:

DJan said...

I think you did a great job capturing these shots, Lily! Yes, God was definitely multitasking. I, on the other hand, waited until the speech was over before logging on.

SquirrelQueen said...

Great photos, you captured it well. It's been quite awhile since we seen the combination but I always find it amazing to have sun when it's pouring rain.

The double rainbow is so pretty and hard to get in a photo but you did it. Very nice.

AL said...

That's what you call "nature's quick turn of events"! Imagine sun, then rain, then sun and rain, and the most spectacular prize you got is the double rainbow that we all liked to stare at even if it stiffen our necks! And you captured it so well!

Weather is really unpredictable!

AL

Naqvee said...

hey Lily, t'was b'ful ! i love rains. and the rainbows are like a wish come true! it has been raining in my city from last night and we are quite scared now as the nearby river might cause flood! pray

Rae said...

Very nice. I love rainbows and all that they represent. God indeed multi-tasks.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous, Lily, absolutely gorgeous. What a blessing to capture the beauty and be able to share it.
xo

TC said...

Great photos, we had that combo yesterday but I'm sure my photos you wouldn't have been able to see the rain or the sun.
I love rainbows too!!

chicamom85 said...

Beautiful photos!! Wow you really captured it all. I love the double rainbow.

Anne

Lynn said...

Love the rainbow. We had two rainbows at the same time one day last year. Too bad I wasn't into cameras at the time.

We got over 2 inches of rain, thank God, Friday and Saturday. Great photos, btw.