Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener...

We've had some type of wild grass take over most of the back pasture. Since it wasn't so great for grass anymore, we let the horses out on it sometimes when we shouldn't have. It was pretty tore up, but we planned to redo it this fall...

On the fifteenth, I posted about Hubby and Mark preparing and planting our new pasture. It had been drier than usually. We prayed for rain. It was dry for the first couple of days, but it's rained almost every day since.

Here's what the pasture looked like about four days ago...
Then, after some more rain...
And today...I think this project was a success! Hopefully, with good weather next year, it will be ready for four-foot traffic by mid-summer.

9 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Wow, the rain made a big difference in a hurry. Just look at all that green.

AL said...

Wow, rain makes wonders, isn't it? But sometimes they are destructive, our bermuda grass is under water due to the heavy rains last weekend. I know all them will wither soon and they wont be green anymore.

AL

chicamom85 said...

Wow, that is amazing, what a difference. I hope you are closer to a decision about Buddy. I will pray for you and I hope you are feeling better.

Anne

Rae said...

It is looking good. I just wish there was a way to make sure all your horses get a chance to enjoy it next year.

DJan said...

Yes, it was a success, I would say. You certainly are a busy family. And I agree with Rae, it is looking good. Hope you are feeling better, Lily, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim Kasch said...

Amazing - what a difference a few days can make - and some hard work.

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a difference a few days make!

TC said...

It looks great. Rain do make a difference. We've had a bit too much here but they say they are behind for the year.

Jan Mader said...

Isn't Mother Nature wonderful?