Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Harvest Smiles


Hubby was born to be a farmer. He loves growing things, and takes such pride in his harvest. This year, I suggested he grow sweet potatoes. They are so expensive at the stores, and my MIL and I eat them often throughout the winter.

It seems that as he digs up the mounds, the potatoes keep getting bigger and bigger! Here are two that he brought in today...

















The one on the right weighs about three pounds.
The one on the left weighs over four and a quarter!
I not much of a potato eater in the summer,
but I might have to make an exception...

5 comments:

chicamom85 said...

I love sweet potatoes also. I say dig in lady! Mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potato pie, sweet potato fries, sweet potato soup. Ok get to work and let me know when supper is ready. In between keep up with the farm and your writing and blogging(lol). Ok I know you have a busy life, but the sweet potatoes make me crazy.

Anne

DJan said...

Is there a difference in sweet potatoes and yams? I think I have always had yams from the store, but not sweet potatoes. Those are some humongous taters! Hubby must have an orange thumb.

Margo said...

those sweet taters are huge! Do yo have really good dirt there on your farm? I love them but do usually associate them with winter :)

Naqvee said...

tooo big! im shocked

Kim Kasch said...

We eat a lot of potatoes in my family and sweet potato fries are YUMMY for our tummy - just not so good on the waistline.