Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

project moving ahead...

We hit it hard today! Fortunately, (as you can see) we got out there while there was still shade. In this photo, I have placed 2 layers of plastic under the steps to control weeds. It will be hidden by mulch. Hubby is screwing the stringers to the posts while the supervisor inspects the job. Add a few plants, some compost and mulch, a blue slab at the top and ... voila!
The stone steps will take off from the lower slate slab to the right and down to the patio below. Then I will continue the planting bed to the right of the steps as well. I have to wait a month or two to stain the new wood, and it will take a little while for the sedum to spread. I couldn't wait to see what it would look like, so I faked it on my computer.


I love making progress! And I really love the new steps.
So much better than the old muddy slope!


4 comments:

chicamom85 said...

nice job it looks like a lot of work. I like your furry helper.

SquirrelQueen said...

Looks like your supervisor is making sure everything is perfect. That is looking so good, it is going to be beautiful. I really like the slate.
SQ

Rae said...

It's going to be fantastic. Your Lab is so like mine. Has to be in the midst of things and mine is always in the way

Nancy said...

It looks terrific, and I really like the inspector!