Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

back then, now, later...

Another rainy day for writing and creating...

I just stepped out into the sprinkles to look from my balcony down to the goat shed. I have been putting some attention into sprucing it up since it's the focal point from the front porch. Here is an old picture back when we first built it. Except for the detail on the doors - not much to look at... I added shutters, a nice shrub, a rock border, some Japanese blood-grass, mulch and a bird bath. Plus with the new trees and shrubs in between, it's beginning to look picturesque. There are some baby willow trees (my own propagation) to the right and left that are too small to see. This is what it looks like today...
The next things I will be adding this year (God willing) are a trellis with ivy on the blank wall, and a fake window box with wood painted flowers that will brighten even in the winter! I'll probably plant another pine in the big open area, and the bird bath will get a deep green coat.

That should be enough for awhile. I'll turn my attention back to the 'people' shed...

3 comments:

Amy Platon said...

how lovely. Looks like you could even take a cup of coffee and write all morning in there. Cute!

Jase said...

Your goats have a nicer place than I do

SquirrelQueen said...

Goat shed? That would make a lovely little garden shed or a studio. Either way it is a lovely setting.

Spring, so much to do so little time.