Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

pool time

I am praying that my health will improve very soon. I hate being stuck in the house, but since I am I've been browsing through some old family photos and video clips. Watching the short films of the various family pool parties, I am anxious to get finished with the landscaping project and open the pool! For those who don't know, we installed an outdoor boiler system last fall and the plumbing for it went straight through the landscaped walkway to the pool.

This is not a top-quality video, but I think it summarizes my idea of a wonderful summer day. Whenever I get tired of cleaning and maintaining the pool, I watch a clip like this and I am reminded of why I love it so.

In this clip, Hubby takes his traditional place at the grill, with my son-in-law nearby. Grand #2 is driving Uncle Tim (my step-son) crazy making him flip her in the pool. Towels and pool toys are strewn everywhere. I'm probably ready to put the camera away and yell at the kids to drip-dry for dinner... Worth every penny!

4 comments:

chicamom85 said...

I hope you feel well, and when can I come over to swim?

Anne

Rae said...

Oh yes, I can see why you are anxious to feel better. Looks like a very nice place to spend the hot summer months. I would love to have a pool but the maintenance worries me. I just don't think I could commit to it. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Have you talked to your doc?

SquirrelQueen said...

That looks like so much fun,eveyone is having a great time.

Hopefully the pollen will subside soon and life outdoors will be possible again.

Don't overdo but have a fun weekend.

SQ

linnea said...

Hope you feel better & that you had a great weekend!
xo,
Linnea