Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Friday, May 1, 2009

The Old Woman in My Bathroom

There is an old woman in my bathroom. She watches me from across the sink. There is sadness in her eyes. I think she envies my youth. Or maybe it's just that she is growing tired. Her skin is not that of a beauty queen. More like that of someone who spent lots of time outdoors in the elements. Her hair doesn't show time spent. Nor do her nails, mostly broken to the quick. And yet she looks tranquil. Like someone who's got their priorities straight. She smiles at me. I recognize her and I know she's happy.

3 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Very lovely.
SQ

Rae said...

I think I know her too.
Very nice post

TC said...

That lady is in my mirror too! She gets around doesn't she?