Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My New Husband...

The last twelve hours have been a joyous ride! (miracles-do-happen) The baby news sure helped my dry-eye problem and helped loosen my sinuses! Just what the doctor ordered ;)



I've already contacted Hubby's ex about our joint shower. She replied with smileys. Of course, I posted the news here and a link on Facebook. Oh no! I forgot MySpace. Be back in a minute...



OK, I'm back. Sorry, had a couple of comments to read. Anyway, back to Grampa...



Since we are a middle-age hook-up, I never got to experience Hubby's new daddy days. I'm beginning to think it was probably a lot more emo than the new daddy days I had. He is funny! You know, that cutesy funny that you don't expect from 'that kind of guy'. Oh, I know he's got that soft side. It shows with our four granddaughters. He loves them more than life itself, but those are 'my' daughter's children. He loves my daughter too, but it's just not the same. I was a gramma when we met. He had his children at an older age (not much) so his son Tim was just graduating high school about the time Grand #1 started school. By the time Tim married, Grand #2 danced with him at the wedding reception (and had a serious crush on the groom.)



Now it's 'blood'. That little boy that followed him around with the plastic mower, is becoming a father. And I love his reaction! Last night he was in the living room watching his MAN shows when I came out and mentioned her 'positive test' blog. wanna-hear-secret So there we were, both of us wiping our eyes again...

A little bit ago, he came in, sat down and said, "Good thing I got five of those coin cards," with a mile-wide grin. He has been saving coins for the Grands and, believing this would happen soon, started one for Baby Isabella/Brady too. Last night when the lottery numbers came on the local news, he declared that we needed to win it to help start a college fund. (Better be a big jackpot. That makes five college funds and counting!)

Yes, it's going to be a wonderful seven months!

3 comments:

Rae said...

You have even got me crying. I am happy for you and your hubby. In my opinion there is nothing more special than a grandchild. It's the circle of life thing. Gives those warm fuzzy feelings.

It's so wonderful that your hubby will get to experience it all from a new perspective. Keep us up to date on things. Shower pics too would be nice.

Lillian Robinson said...

I can't stop focusing on it! I was writing and just popped over to e-mail a snippet to my BFF about my character's love interest and saw the e-mail with your comment. Thank you! It gave me a chance to beam some more! Being a practical person, my shower won't be until around Thanksgiving. We'll know the sex, the decor of the nursery, etc. Hubby's ex is joining me in the venture. It should be fun planning. Believe me... all my neighbors in Blogville will know everything I know!!!!

~*Jessica*~ said...

I'm glad that he is truely happy!! Makes my happiness that much better!!