Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Maggie & Me

I was just gazing through some old pictures and thought I'd share.
Believe it or not, it was love-at-first-sight with Maggie.
She was my first horse... an off-the-track thoroughbred,
neglected and needing a home.
Here she is, the way she looked then, at twenty-five years old!
My favorite picture... This was taken about three months later.
I got her weight back to what it should be and she looked like a winner!
I never used a bit with her. Only a halter with reins clipped on.
I trail-rode her this way. Lovely gal. I miss her.
She lives a ways north of here now with a friend of mine.
...and she still runs like the wind!

4 comments:

Mark Kreider said...

Gee... you've brought tears to a grown man's eyes, what a short very happy story!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

That's a nice 2nd photo in the snow. Looks like you were having fun!

SquirrelQueen said...

She is beautiful, what a great story.
SQ

Lille Diane said...

WOW this would be another fabulous pic to paint. I LOVE this shot, MzzLily. Love it!