Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Night for Stars

I have season tickets for LaComedia Dinner Theatre. This month's production was Annie, so I took Grand #1 Dani & #3 Grace with us. My best friend took five of her grandchildren. (She's braver than me... or crazier!) I reserved the front center table right off the stage. The kids love being right next to the actors. We changed seats before the play started. I sat behind some of the kids with Grace on my lap. She sat straight up through most of the show. Every time they finished a number, she would applaud with everything in her!


Dani had every actor sign her playbill. Here she is getting autographs from Annie and Daddy Warbucks.


All the children did a spectacular job! The actor that played Annie is the same age as Ali. She was very poised and professional.



I couldn't help but think of another Annie... If you follow Jeff D'Antonio on My Life... lived my way, you'll remember his post on Katie playing the role of Annie. (If you don't follow his blog, you're really missing out.) Anyway, every time Annie sang 'Maybe', I thought of Kate. I don't know how Jeff held up through the emotional performance. If you don't know what I'm talking about, grab a box of tissues and read up on his story.
A great time was had by all! By the time I took the kids home and picked up Ali (she went to a swim party today) it was almost 11pm. Ali curled up in the car with a pillow and left me alone on the forty-five minute country drive home to contemplate how truly blessed I am.





5 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

What a wonderful experience, it looks like everyone had a great time. I like the photos of Dani and the actors, great shot.

I saw a production of Annie many years ago in Atlanta, in fact I think it was just after the show had started touring. Very impressive live show.

Glad everyone had a good time this weekend.

Ziggy Stardust said...

Thank you for that beautiful post. It sounds like a perfect evening.

Anne

Rae said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. And a great play too.

Susan R. Mills said...

Sounds like a great time! It brought back some good memories for me. Eight years ago, my daughter played one of the orphans in a production of Annie. She didn't have a speaking role, but it was so amazing to see her up on stage. That's one of my favorite musicals!

Historical sites with charmine said...

I enjoyed reading this post.Looks like a fun evening with the family,and i love that pic of Dani and the actors.