Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

computer woes

For the longest while I've been pulling my hair out on Blogger. When I first came here, things went smoothly. That soon changed... These messages kept popping up on my screen saying it couldn't show what it already showed... go figure. Then it would take me away to that e-land of the unknown. Often it would do this while I was leaving a comment. So the comment would go away, never to be seen again.

Thank God for friends like Judy a.k.a. Squirrel Queen at Through Squirrel Eyes and The Road to Here. I mentioned that I suspected a compatibility issue with my browser and she told me that switching to Mozilla's Firefox ended her issues. I downloaded Firefox just a little while ago. My troublesome days are over! Thank you, Judy!

It seems that Internet Explorer does not like Blogger. Even though that is the only site I was having trouble with, it was so time consuming that switching was well worth it! I read the pros and cons for using Firefox. One con was that it starts up slow. Not true. It starts up as fast as my IE ever did. One pro was that it is faster loading. I believe it. It may just be my positive outlook, but I think it's faster than IE.

I thought I'd share this with you. Many of you have talked about problems you're having with your PCs. Try Firefox and see if that clears them up for you. I've only been using it for about an hour or so, but I'm ready to recommend it. And best of all? It's FREE! Don't we love free?

8 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

I do have a lot of the same problems, some blogs I can't even get into at all. I will check into it. Thanks for the info

Anne

SquirrelQueen said...

Hi Lily,
Glad to hear it helped. There are several choices out there for search engines such as Google Chrome, Opera, etc. I have used Firefox on and off for a long time so it was the easiest change for me even though I have several installed.
What it comes down to is anything seems to work better than IE.
Judy

Lille Diane said...

~~~Lily,

I am with the S Queen, Miss Judy, 2000%. It's what I use, too. Superman's alter ego, Clark, is very computer savvy. Clark gives it a huge thumbs up, too. I was out today & just logged in. I flew over from the tree house to test drive it for you as soon as I saw the S.O.S.

Hugzzz~~

Shellbelle said...

I used Safari for the last six years, but when I downloaded a recent update the colors on the web were all muted. Not good for someone who loves and works with color.

So I started using Firefox. I have my colors back, but for me it loads so much slower than Safari and it crashes at least once a day. Like the bookmark folders on my toolbar, but I don't like the history.

But no matter what, I never have trouble loading your blog and tell Cris I said so! lol

Margaret Gosden said...

I was having a problem with Safari for a while and on the advice of Daryl I tried Firefox. Now, I bounce between the two, finding things I like and don't like on each of them. On the whole, I prefer Safari - one just has to use a particular route for posting - because it works well with google blog and iPhoto. Your disappointment with the Safari color update might be something you can question Apple about. Mine is an update and seems alright.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe there are people who still try and use IE, it's the most primitive browser out there, bloody useless.

AV

apiano4life said...

Thank you for the warm welcome and the recommendations. I appreciate it and plan on checking them out.
I've been using Firefox for years now and IE is just a distant memory. Like you said, I too think it loads a lot faster than IE. I also don't get the "Sorry... needs to close down" message every time I use it, like I did with IE.
Best of luck with Firefox!

Historical sites with charmine said...

Thanks a heap for the info,I've had lots of problems with IE and google crome was acting up at times .....must chk it out.