Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

As it should be...

Hubby was too tired from putting up hay yesterday to make the trip... So I told him I would just go by myself... So here we are, driving up together to bring Maggie Mae home.
She was the proverbial sight for sore eyes! You have no idea how much I missed this girl! She looked even more beautiful than I remembered...

Hubby was as anxious to see her as I was. I can't believe how much everyone was cheering for me to have her back! In all the little towns we went through, people were lining up on the sidewalks and waving! They gathered around grills and ball fields, and any vacant lot in town. The police were out in some areas directing us through. They even set off fireworks the whole route home! I wish our country could show that kind of solidarity on other matters...

Thank you everyone for making my special day even more special.

July 4th, 2009 11:00pm

Tucked in and ready for bed.

Goodnight my beloved Maggie Mae...

5 comments:

chicamom85 said...

What a beautiful story! Maggie is home and happy with you. It is amazing and wonderful to me the amount of support you got. You and Maggie are stars!!
I am so happy for you.

Anne

DJan said...

She looks like a sweet girl! Happy independence day to you and yours. Any chickens peek out yet??

SquirrelQueen said...

Maggie May is back where she belongs and all is right with the world.

Rae said...

So very happy for you. I even cried a tear or two. Love a happy ending!!!

AL said...

And now Maggie May is with you, happy to be with you, and Maggie will live happily ever after.

AL