Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Why God Made Poison Ivy

Our woodland is not particularly colorful in the fall... at least in the view from the house.   The maples and other colorful trees are deeper in the woods.  The border is filled mostly with those varieties that turn pale yellow, then brown.  But thankfully there are bits here and there of deep crimson.  Together with the bright yellowish-green hedge apples, it is a beautifully colorful scene.

6 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Call me crazy but I've always thought hedge apples were beautiful in their own way.

DJan said...

Well, I see you're going to try to make up for lost time and make several posts a day, right? Welcome home, Lily! Are you saying that the pretty colors are poisonous??

SquirrelQueen said...

The crimson does make a very beautiful scene against the greens and yellow. Welcome back to the internet.

Judy

Kim Kasch said...

I've always loved weeds - from blowing dandelions in the wind to foxglove I plant in my yard. I don't follow the rules - not even in the garden :)

AL said...

I enlarged the photo and it was so colorful! I have never seen apples like that, truly all the things that GOD had made has it's own purpose even the poison ivy.

AL

TC said...

I'm so far behind I'll never get caught up, WELCOME BACK!!!
Poisonous Sumac is the same way, it's a horrible noxious weed that turns tree like but it's a beautiful red color. I'm glad someone else sees the beauty in the weed.
We have plenty of poison ivy and oak too!