Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tennessee Vacation Part IV


Norris Dam is a part of the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) system.  It was built to provide power and control flooding.  This dam is located in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  It has always been one of my favorite stops when traveling south.  (Cumberland Falls tops my list, but we didn't have enough time this trip to stop there.)



If you save this picture, you can enlarge it enough to read about the TVA.



This ivy has taken over large portions of the area.  You can see places where there is nothing but piles of ivy in the shape of trees, power lines and cliffs.  I think the way it cascades down the rock walls here is beautiful.  I would love this in my backyard!

The ivy has decided to camouflage the  pavement.  Wise choice!
In the background is the marina.


Don't tell Ali, but I like this stone stairway
even better than the one she helped me build!
Well, maybe not.


What picture do you see in this wall?


This is an example of resilience!

My style of landscaping!



Tomorrow, I'll conclude my vacation blog with pics from the grist mill.   Hang in there... one more day!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Beautiful photos. I have never visited that area. It is so pretty.
It would be hard to improve on nature's artistry.