Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tennessee Vacation Part I

Hubby and I took a min-vacation last week.  It was long overdue.  We hadn't spent any time alone together in quite a while.  It was a short 3 day/2 night trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  I hadn't been through that area in almost 40 years.  Needless to say, it has changed quite a bit.

I'm not really the tourist type.  I prefer my vacation be a chance to get away from it all.  I'm not really into attractions and shopping.  Turns out we spent our time in the wrong place.  We enjoyed the highway better than the destination.  There was a lot to see and do, but I don't like fighting traffic and I don't like over-commercialized areas.

It was really hard to enjoy the scenery of the blue mountains with all the hotel/motel rooftops, power lines, and neon signs.  I did manage to find a few spots with nice view.

As usual, I took tons of photos.  I'm not going to post them all.  However, I am going to post a bunch, so I will divide them up into at least 3 posts.

Today's pictures are from Pigeon Forge.  And, as always, click on any photo to enlarge...






Stay tuned...  Tomorrow I will post about the crafters' village in Gatlinburg.

4 comments:

Historical sites with charmine said...

WOW! I love the views.Your skies are really blue.I'll be back.

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh my gosh, the Pigeon Forge I remember was a tiny little town with a few touristy attractions and cutesy motels. The last time I was there was about thirty years ago. I guess when Dollywood came along it all changed.

The photos of the mountains are gorgeous. That's the part of TN I remember and love.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Lily,this is a very pretty place,great scenery all around,I'm hoping you had a lovely time there.

Historical sites with charmine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.