Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Beautiful Day on the Farm



What a difference a day makes!  This was a beautiful day for enjoying the fall color.  The cold, biting winds of yesterday were gone.  The temperature was up a bit and activity was high.  Even my cast-kids were playing in the sun!

This weeping cherry looks beautiful all year 'round.  I love how the orange-yellow leaves contrast with the red grass and sedum.


Oh, look!  Is that D-Jan dropping in for a visit?

Whoever it is has a bird's eye view of the colorful foliage.

Where'd he come from?

There's a small airport nearby that is home to Sky Dive Green County.


Mr J took advantage of the weather, deciding to cut some more logs.  Can you believe he's sitting pretty on the tractor, and 85-yr-old FIL is doing the manual labor?

My FIL likes to stay busy.  He loves it when Mr J actually lets him do something!


The goats were enjoying the weather, too.

 
All that work...  ah, rest!



Wonder what they are thinking about?  They're actually watching...  Oh, wait...  I can't tell you yet.  You'll find out in tomorrow's post.  (It's a surprise for the bird lovers.)

Sadie loves to help Mr J chop wood.  She makes her logs small enough, even a baby can lift them!
You have to enlarge this one.  I didn't see it at first...


Until tomorrow...

8 comments:

chicamom85 said...

What a lovely day. I love making Sadie bigger,I just want to reach out and pet her.

Anne

AL said...

Haha Sadie, enjoys trimming them into little pieces. It reminds me of Oreo, who turns stones into pebbles ho hum. Wonder what Mr J and Sadie are looking at...just wait 'til tomorrow.

AL

TC said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day, FIL is lucky he can still work and has someone who will let him work. Sadie is so cute licking her chops.

Naqvee said...

I guess Sadie did more work than the Mr.J.. She is a darling and the colors at your farm are amazing.. you will be amazed to see the "green" woods in this season I captured which surround my Faculty of Law, at my university ! I will post soon maybe today

DJan said...

Hi Lily! Well, it COULD have been me! I have visited Skydive Green County, I think, in years past. Nowadays I'm not much of a traveler to jump in new places. I agree that Sadie is just too too sweet a dog. A gentle and serene soul. And I'll wait until tomorrow to see what flighted thing you're gonna share.

Rae said...

It was a pretty day for working and taking pictures. Sadie is so sweet and she sure loves her stick. She is always in the midst of the action.

Liz said...

What a beautiful farm, I just love all of your fun pictures and captions.

Hugs,

Liz

Nishant said...

enjoys trimming them into little pieces. It reminds me of Oreo, who turns stones into pebbles ho hum. Wonder what Mr J and Sadie are looking at...just wait 'til tomorrow.
Work From Home