Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Friday, April 24, 2009

sky watcher

When I was a child, my favorite thing to do was lie on my back and see what pictures I could find in the clouds. I've never stopped being a cloud watcher. One of my favorite cloud pics is the one I use behind the title of this blog. That's a view from my bedroom! How blessed am I?

It's hard to match the beauty of sunset colors reflecting off ice-covered branches. This is what I see when I look out my kitchen door in the winter.








No, it's not a funnel cloud. Living in Xenia, people are leary of anything that looks like a tornado! (Google Xenia 1974)
These next two are more shots from my bedroom deck... my favorite spot on a summer's eve. (Ignore the cell tower.)

This one reminds me of lava cutting down the slope of a volcano.

I also have shots of different fronts moving across the sky. Here's one from last year. It looked like we were being swallowed by this huge dark mass!
This next shot is a scan of the picture on regular paper I kept under lexan on my desk at work. The hard drive that has the original shot crashed! (not backed up) You see there's not much in the way of landscaping... It was shortly after we built this house. That's my bedroom deck facing you. I was standing in the far corner of the goat's pasture. That IS a real rainbow, and yes, it REALLY was PINK! (A special gift from God, just for me!)


From my deck, I love watching the colors disappear into the treeline. I must have thousands of pictures of our sunsets. I wish my camera could capture those 'Halloween' clouds that pass over the moon at night. It simply gives me a great feeling when I walk out on a starlit night and see those shadows move across the sky. Yes, I've spent a lot of my life with my eyes turned toward the heavens...

1 comment:

SquirrelQueen said...

These are beautiful, the sky makes such a wonderful subject for the camera.

SQ