Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, April 6, 2009

movie review

While browsing through my daughter's DVD collection, I noticed one that had peaked my interest with its previews. Although I don't include them in the list of my favorites, I do love a really good thriller. Unfortunately, in my opinion, good thrillers are few and far between. The DVD I pulled off the shelf was 'Secret Window' starring Johnny Depp. It's about an author that is accused of plagiarism by some psycho. Hmmm... an author threatened by a psycho? Remember 'Misery'? Loved that one.

This movie is based on 'Secret Window Secret Garden' by Stephen King. Now I have to edit my profile. I made a crack about life being too short for Stephen King. Love his work, but my first and last book by him was 'IT'. If you've read 'IT' you understand what I mean. I thought I'd never get to the end! I may have to give him a second shot.

Anyway, I got a chance to watch the DVD last night. Intense is the first word that comes to mind to describe the main character. Depp was the perfect choice for this role. The main setting for the movie was also perfect for a mystery/thriller... a writer's cabin in a remote area under the jurisdiction of less-than-adequate law enforcement. Depp's life is falling apart. He is in the process of divorcing his cheating wife. She's living in his dreamhouse and he's stuck in the woods with a crazy guy! Just when his life hits rock bottom, it gets worse.

It's popped into my mind several times today. It was awesome! Well, I thought it was. If you've seen it, let me know what you thought. If you haven't, go rent it and get back to me.

1 comment:

~*Jessica*~ said...

We have that movie too...it was great. I really like Johnny Depp as an actor - he is great! &jearts; J