Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Quick Update...


 I've been MIA again...  Last week I had a very sick granddaughter here for some TLC.  Today I started babysitting my new grandson, and also have the kindergarten girl for a few days.  And I still haven't started my taxes!  So don't be surprised if you don't read comments from me for a few days... or a couple of weeks!

I thought I'd take a minute to post a couple of pics to show you what I've been up to in my 'spare' time...











A while back, I shared my  drawing of a TV table I wanted Mr J to build.  Well, here's the almost finished product:
 

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.  It's the first piece of furniture that Mr J has built.  I('m already planning the next.)  I still have some detail work to do...  The trim has carved detail that I am going to paint to make it stand out.  Of course, whenever I get around to that I'll post a pic.  

As you can see, it holds a lot of the kids' toys and games.  Videos fit nicely on the bottom shelf behind the wood boxes.  I found them at Michael's and painted them to match.   Now I have a handy place to keep my cameras, batteries and PC cables.  Plus, I finally have a little more space to display some of my  handmade gifts from the grandkids!

I bought two slipcovers last week... one for my FIL's ugly worn recliner and one for my over-sized, over-stuffed chair.  So I stripped the ottoman that matched the chair...
I've had it for almost 20 years!  It was due for a change.  It had a muted print with a pleated skirt.  When we moved the TV, we balanced it on here for a few minutes and now it leans to one side.  I'm going to take it apart and replace the uprights with a beefier size, but less of them.  I'm going to add a solid bottom and keep it open for handy storage for magazines or games.  It will be painted off-white to match the TV table.  The cushion will be covered in denim or tooled leather.  Haven't decided yet.  I'm thinking denim since I have two rectangular ottomans under the front windows that will be the tooled leather.  (I'm not a 'matched set' kind of person.  I prefer eclectic.)

Well, it's after midnight. the baby comes at seven, and the farrier is scheduled to come at eleven.  I think I'd better go, but first I'll share a video of the boys experiencing a bit of spring fever...
G'night all!

14 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Sorry to hear about the sick little one, hope she is feeling better. The TV table is great, I am envious of all that storage space.

The goats look like they are having a great time, definitely looks like spring fun.

Better get those taxes done, have fun!

DJan said...

Nice to hear from you, Lily. And sorry to hear about the sick grandchild, but you have been busy! I like the table, it's very utilitarian and easy to use. Big virtual hugs to you! I've been following your exploits on Facebook, too.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Great tv stand! I so feel for you doing taxes. I told someone the other day that my head would explode if I had to do ours. I have this mental block about taxes.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Hey, I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. Talking about grandkids, it seems like several times when my grand daughter has been visiting us she complains about "not feeling well", hope it isn't us. My wife got out taxes all done back in Feb, got our returns and are spending it. God bless, Lloyd

Anonymous said...

EASTER GREETINGS FROM THE OLD GEEZER

I PRAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY CELEBRATING RESURRECTION SUNDAY.

HE IS RISEN!

GOD BLESS YOU, RON

Nancy said...

Frisky! Spring is in the air.

Loved the TV stand and bookcase. I can see the little trim detail that will beautiful painted. Nice job! Really.

The ottoman is going to look great. I like the shape.

Have fun with your grandchildren. Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog and it appears that you have quite a bit going on! I love the pictures it's great to get to know you! I look forward to posts when you get back!

Al said...

Hi Lily, sending hugs to the sick little one, hope she feels better soon, well who wouldn't feel better with TLC of Granma?

I would like to thank you Lily for the continuous prayer for the family, yes I'm still grieving but I have to be strong and have to move on, life is like that and I know my Dad feels better now without any pain.

AL

By the way, the pony rocker caught my attention, it reminds me of the one I had when I was a kid, mine was colored red.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Wow!! You have been an extremely busy lady...not surprising that you haven't time for visiting!!! We totally understand!! Hope your granddaughter is feeling better! The TV stand is very impressive!!! No wonder you are pleased! Looking forward to your return!! Love, Janine XO

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear about the grandbaby; hope all is better. Love the TV stand...actually, you've been quite busy! I understand about the taxes; just got mine done today for the accountant.

CrazyCris said...

busy, busy, beaver... I can understand! My posting has been pathetically scarce of late! :o(

so I've tagged you on a meme I got tagged on that will make for a short quick fun photographic post... come see when you've got a five minute breather! ;o)

http://crazycrishereandthere.blogspot.com/2010/04/tag-my-tenth-photo-meme.html

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just stopping by to see how you are! Sending you love and prayers! ~Janine XO

Lynn said...

Hope the little people are back to good health and you've done the taxes. I got mine into the accountant on Friday....like an extension is in order.

BTW, you've been tagged. Hop over to my blog to get the details. Hope you have time to play; if not, no pressure.

Marla said...

Love the tv stand. That is so neat to have your husband build it for you. I am anxious to see the finished ottoman.