Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Me me meme....


OK, I've been gone a bit.  It's going to take a little while for me and the new grandson to get in sync.  He leaves me little time through the day to get things done, so I end up using my internet time to do laundry!

I haven't forgotten about the contest... It will happen!  But for now, Crazy Cris over at Here and There and Everywhere has tagged me.  I don't usually spend time on these, but now it's a chance to post without skipping the load of whites...

Cris' instructions were to open the tenth folder and post the first picture.  Oh, let's just see where that takes us...

My 10th folder is titled 'my scrap book' and is for things I've scanned.  Some are old photos, some special cards.  There's the lock of hair from my daughter's first haircut...

That folder has folders, so I went with the first one.  It is titled 'Jenny & kids' and is for things relating to my daughter and her four girls.  The first picture was this card:



This was the very first 
Valentine's Day card 
I got from my granddaughters.




 It was really signed by them...  Well, I think Danielle might have signed for her little sis.

Yeah, it's my birthday too.















Might as well show you the lock of hair, too.
The tape wasn't yellow back then, but the hair was. 
 Actually, it was a beautiful strawberry blonde.  
It's straightened out a little over the years, 
but she's still my little curly top!

11 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

Yikes! I forgot to tag people! OK, I'm tagging YOU. Yeah, YOU. Don't act like you don't think I mean you... I do. YOU.

SquirrelQueen said...

The Valentine/Birthday card is so sweet, even better since the girls signed it themselves. I hadn't thought about scanning things like cards, that is a great idea.

This is a fun meme but I just did it so I'm going to pass this time.

Good to have you back, I figured the little one was keeping you busy.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Lily,that's so sweet of them and such a cute card.I couldn't view the lock of hair pic...not opening. Congrats! When do we get to see pics of your new grandson?

Al said...

Who me? Oh no...I have been tagged! That's a different one Lily, how sentimental of you to keep those cards in your folder. How nice!

AL

DJan said...

How absolutely adorable! How old is she now? I love the way kids write when they're learning... you are such a good caregiver, and it seems you've been doing it a long time now.

Janean said...

could you hear all the grandmas say "awwwwwwwwwwww" all at once? so sweet.

lily, don't worry about posting. you've got important things to look after!

we'll be here & keep checking in.

hugs! uh, i'm not *it* :P

Sniffles and Smiles said...

What a lovely post!!! And don't worry about all of us...just take care of you and your grandson! We'll be here! Love you! Janine XO

Marla said...

This is so sweet, Lily. I save them all. My fridge looks like a bulletin board.

I am watching my granddaughters everyday now. How lucky are we?

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just here to send you my love, and wish you a wonderful week! ~Janine XO

CrazyCris said...

adorable!

I remember signing Mother's and Father's Day cards for my sisters when they couldn't write... come to think of it... I still do!!! Since I'm the one at home for the moment and they're scattered. Some customs are never lost.

great picture indeed! :o)

Bob West said...

I enjoyed your blog. Very insightful
Here's one you might appreciate
God Bless, bob West
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/04/line-upon-line.html