Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thank you, Tioga!

You may call it OCD, but I've been tracking what states and countries have visited my blogs.  It's an obsession.  I posted about it back in November, when I was visited by Bydgoszcz, Poland.  That day, I passed a thousand cities.

As of today, I've been visited by over sixteen-hundred cities around the world.  That amazes me!  Blogging has made the world a much smaller place... more like a neighborhood.
It used to feel like this...
 Now, it feels more like this...

I had a goal to be visited by all 50 states.  Delaware, North Dakota, and Rhode Island were the last holdouts... until this week.  Yep, all three showed up on my visitor widget.

So thank you, whoever you are, for visiting me today from Tioga, a city way up in the northwest corner of North Dakota.  Tioga is the Iroquois Indian name for Peaceful Valley.  My life is complete.

10 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Congrats! It is fun to check the stats and see where our visitors and friends are from. I agree that the world does seem much smaller since I've been blogging.

PS, If you have any visitors from Neptune or Mars let me know.

Al said...

I am here!

CrazyCris said...

how have you been tracking this? does blogger have some widget that lets you do it?

and congrats and completing the 50 states! ;o)

DJan said...

Wow, Lily, that is really amazing. To have visitors from every corner of the world would make me feel really good, too. I don't keep track, but I would be really surprised to find such variety on my blog. You deserve every bit of that exposure, too!

Shellbelle said...

Hi Lily, I've missed you so! I'm finally back with my blogging friends after the BIG move. Whew, it was much harder than I thought, but I'm finally settling in.

Brady has grown so much and he is SO adorable I can't stand it. I can understand why it's tough to find time to blog with all that cuteness around. Love that you combined two of your blogs and the header just gave me a big ol' smile.

Lemon thyme is edible and I must look for that pineapple sage, sound fabulous.

Gosh, it's great to be back and catch up with everyone!

Nancy said...

How cool. I have no idea of the places that visit my blog. I have a sitemeter, but I rarely look at it. Now I'm intrigued..

Sniffles and Smiles said...

That's really, really cool...I should probably keep track...it WOULD be very interesting! Now, you've got me truly curious...I may just have to do something about it! ~Janine XO

Sheri said...

girl, i don't think it's ocd at all but a very cool way to look at how enhanced your life is!! i never once thought about keeping track of where your blogbuddies came from but i am going to look into now :) have a wonderful day, my friend!

Marla said...

How cool, Miss Lily!

TC said...

I don't keep track of who is from where that visits my blogs but it would be interesting. It's weird what we all get obsessed by. I have MANY obsessions.... LOL