Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

One Week Ago

I could finally see my front walk again.
   We don't clean snow from it.  Everyone uses the side door.
The big drift on the front porch was quickly shrinking.
We could even see the bottom of the chairs!
It's gone now... every bit of it.  The last few days, I've been running around town in a T-shirt and sandals.  The grass in the new pasture is looking like a green carpet.  Where the grass is thin, the mud has become a problem.  The horses are getting antsy to run, but the ground is too wet.

As much as I love spring and fall, I miss the snow.  I hate the thought of summer being so close.  In my perfect world, the temperature never gets above sixty, unless I want to swim.  And it doesn't get dark until I get tired.  But this world is pretty good...


8 comments:

DJan said...

I just went to your profile to remind myself where you live (with so many blogging buddies I sometimes forget where you all are located. I noticed you haven't updated the coming of your latest grandbaby, which I know about from your Facebook page. Always glad to hear about your life, Lily, and the melting snow, now!

Lynn said...

Mind you, I sometimes feel as if I live in a desert so when I see your snow, I think of all that wonderful moisture slowly seeping into the ground as it melts.

The highest temperature I prefer is 85; ya know, I'm a Southern gal.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Still too cool for me to wear a t-shirt and sandals. My body say the temp needs to be around 75 for that.

Rae said...

T- shirt and sandals. Wow - you really are warm there. I haven't been out to enjoy the little bit of sun we've had, but I did open the windows for awhile. It was a nice change.

Marla said...

I am so ready to plant my garden, wear tshirts and sandals and live outside.

SquirrelQueen said...

Love the new background, the veggies look delicious. It won't be long now.

Glad to hear your snow is gone and the weather is getting warmer. We had a cold front move though but our sixties should be back soon. I am so ready for my sandals.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Sounds like heaven to me!! I'll take some of that!!! Terrific photos...you are getting me in the mood for Spring...We have a few hostas poking their green heads up through the soil...By the way, I love the new background for your blog...you are making me very hungry ;-) ~Janine XO

Nancy said...

We got six inches Saturday, but today was bright and sunny and I can begin to feel spring. Yay! I don't really care much for heat either, but his winter has me wishing for at least 40's.