Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trouble in Blogville...

Seems as soon as I fix one thing, something else starts happening... I don't know what's going on now, but if someone out there has a clue how to fix it, I'm listening!

Here's my symptoms:

From my dashboard, if I click my own blogs or one I follow, they show up as though I'm not logged in. On the top right, it says, "create blog/sign in". There is no 'customize' link. I cannot leave comments on many sites. Seems the ones with a pop-up box work OK, at least so far. But the comment boxes on the post page do not. It will show me as not signed in. If I type a comment and click, it will ask me to select a profile. I'll click 'google account' then 'post comment' and it disappears, never to be seen again.

I've clicked to follow a couple of new blogs, and my profile pic shows up as a box with a red dot in the center. Weird, huh?

I left myself a couple of test comments and they worked, but I use the pop-up box. But I can't delete those test comments. If I click 'sign in' it takes me back to my dashboard. Yet, when I click out of the dashboard, I'm back to not seeming to be signed in... I'm caught in a vicious cycle!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Firefox browser on a Vista PC.

3 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

For starters try clearing your cache. On your computer go to Start, Control Panel, Internet Options. Then you will see buttons to delete cookies and files. After you do that close the boxes and return to google.

You will have to sign in to blogger. See if that helps, it can't hurt.

Judy

Rae said...

I wish I could give you an answer. I think it is a compatibility issue with blogger. I have had problems at different times with internet explorer. I never tried firefox but instead changed to google chrome for a browser. It works well. Maybe because blogger is a google sponsored it doesn't have issues with it's own browser. Maybe if you try chrome for a browser it will clear it up.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Lily,sorry to hear this,try a full scan to detect any virus,these things can shut you out.see if that helps.McAfee virus scan.hope to see you around soon .