Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Chick Update...

Some of you have been following the story of our baby chicks since day one. Well, actually it was day two. They ship them as day-old chicks. The hatchery is less than 50 miles from here, so they arrived at our post office the next morning. This picture was taken on April 9 when we first got them...

Hubby was pleasantly surprised today when he went to feed the chicks! He wasn't expecting this for another week or so...
You've come a long way, babies!

8 comments:

DJan said...

Boy do I ever wish I lived closer to you! Good looking eggs. And early too. What are you going to do with all the eggs you'll have by NEXT week?

Rae said...

You sound like a proud momma. Your babies have indeed come a long way.

SquirrelQueen said...

The babies are all grown up. It doesn't seem like it's been all that long since you posted the first photo showing them as chicks. Time does fly.

AL said...

Oh how nice! Look at them...they have grown. Now I gonna watch those little eggs.

AL

TC said...

Boy that was fast!! Glad you have farm fresh eggs, nothing better!!

Margo said...

wow - the circle of life spins on!

chicamom85 said...

P.S. you are always in my prayers.

Anne

chicamom85 said...

It must be a really good feeling to watch the growth in your farm every day. I hope you are feeling better. How is Ali doing?

Anne