Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Goats in the Rain

The other day I had a post called Fair Weather Goats where I talked about how the goats will not stand out in the rain. Today I caught them on my camera. This was taken with my zoom at max; so even though it looks like it was pouring down rain, it was a very light sprinkle. (I was standing outside with my camera.) As soon as they feel the first drop, they head for shelter. The opening for them to get back to their house from where they are is about 30 feet down the fence in the woods. I don't know which are more timid... the goats or the chickens. Probably the goats.

7 comments:

chicamom85 said...

They have sense enough to know when to get out of the rain. They don't want to get their goat hairdo's messed up I guess.

licks and sniffs, Sasha
my love to Sadie

Rae said...

Silly goats. They must be fun to watch. You have great entertainment right outside your door. Who needs TV? God has given us nature's movie to watch in real life. Farm life is so fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I am anxious to see it.

DJan said...

What I think is funny is how many people think goats aren't smart. I agree with Rae, farm life gives you a windowpane reality show!

KrisGC said...

LOL...they're no dummies! I envy your daily entertainment!

Lynn said...

Thanks for giving us this opportunity to share in the entertainment of your life. Animals make us stop to smell the roses along our paths.

Nancy said...

Cute. They have goat-sense. But you would think a little sprinkle in the summer might feel good.

Naqvee said...

hmmm. my dog Lucky loves the rain and barks if we keep him inside. about goats.. its funny to see how nicely they are moving towrds their shelter.
love