Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, January 11, 2010

End of Another Long Road

I know... I've been MIA for a while.  I've got a good reason.  Let me start from the beginning...

On Friday, May 29th, I blogged about our good news...  I titled it Miracles Do Happen!  My step-son and DIL, who were battling infertility, announced that they were pregnant!  That was the end of the first long road.  Her first positive home test was on Mother's Day.  Isn't that special!  It had been such a trying time for them that she didn't want to tell anyone she was pregnant until they heard the baby's heartbeat.  I guess that made it more real.  It was a time of great celebration, but the long haul was just beginning.

Things can go wrong with any pregnancy.  DIL was very aware of that fact.  But, as time went on, we worried less about miscarriage or some other complication.  DIL never stopped worrying.  She had an aunt that was due any day when, at a routine check-up, the heartbeat was no longer there.  As DIL's due date approached, and Brady became less active, she poked at him if he was still for too long.

Friday morning I got the call.  Let me back up a bit...

Wednesday night insomnia struck.  I get bouts of it regularly.  I stayed up all night.  Thursday I was quite worn out, but not the least bit sleepy.  By Thursday night I felt like I could fall over, but still wasn't drowsy.  I decided to help sleep come... 

It worked!  By 2am I was out cold!  At around 6am my cell phone rang... and rang...  "What the heck is that NOISE?"  I finally realized it was my phone.  Instead of reaching to the bedside table for it, I began feeling around the bed... under the pillows...  I was in a drug-induced coma, but I finally found my phone.  Step-son says, "We're at the hospital."   Yeah, OK...  zzzzzz

Relax.  I didn't sleep through the whole thing.  After jumping in the shower (OK, I didn't jump.  That's dangerous.), taking care of all the animals, and packing a bag of my knitting stuff, a book and of course, Frappucinos, we were headed to Dayton.

It was a long day.  Things weren't going the least bit fast.  We were sure it would be several hours more, so around dinner time, Papaw and I ran home to take some dinner to MIL and FIL, and take care of the animals.  A short time later, we were back on the highway headed to Dayton.  That's when my cell phone rang again...

Step-son's mom says, "They're prepping her for an emergency C-section."  OMG!  What happened?  Luckily, she was very quick to calm my fears.  They thought the baby's head was too large for her to deliver.  Things weren't moving along... But we were!

Shortly after we arrived back at the hospital, they took her to surgery, and we waited some more...

I won't hold you in suspense.  All are doing very well. 

Here is Brady's beautiful Mommy the next morning...

Here's a picture of the happy father...

And here's the guest of honor, Brady Matthew...

Yes, it's the end of another very long road, but the beginning of an even longer one.  Is there anything better than a newborn baby?

22 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

FIY: We have FOUR granddaughters. Papaw is happy to finally have a boy!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Congrats! That is worth the sleepless night(s)

Anonymous said...

Aww.....congrats. (:

Naqvee said...

Lily, I'm very happy May God bless you with more happiness, and for this new boy angel, May God bless you all. after lots of worries now here's the ultimate happiness. lots of love to girl angels. and I hope there can be a halt to your "sleep less nights"
LOVE
All the best to Mom and dad

Lynn said...

Congratulations, Grandma. And, congratulations to the lovely new parents. Life is going to be much more interesting with a little boy around. Nothing against girls because they make life so very interesting too!

Praise God and God bless.

Rae said...

What a blessed ending. Brady is a sweetie. I am sure he is going to be one spoiled little boy in a family of females. Congrats to all.

DJan said...

I was half following you on your Facebook page but these pictures really do make it clear who Brady is to all of you! Congratulations to all, and no, there is nothing as wonderful as a newborn...

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Lily -

Now THAT is a great way to start the New Year! Congratulations!

Blessings,
Susan :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Definitely worth the wait.

Shellbelle said...

Oh Lily, how exciting! A new baby in the family is such a grand event. Happy to hear all went fairly smoothly and that a little boy has graced your family.

Congratulations to all!

Susan R. Mills said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby. I love the name too.

Oklahoma Granny said...

So, so happy for you and your family!

TC said...

Congratulations, he is one handsome boy and I can see why you've been busy.
The generic sleeping pills that are over the counter work for me.

Lesley said...

He's so beautiful! And you're right, there's nothing more special than a little baby. I just love that new-baby smell. I'm sure you are enjoying every minute!

Carol said...

Congratulations to all! He's adorable!

Marla said...

How wonderful!!!!! Cngratulations to all of you. What a handsome grandson, Mr. Brady Matthew is.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

He's beautiful!!! Congratulations to all and no wonder you've been so busy! Great reason to be busy though isn't it!

Amy Platon said...

Hooray for blessings!

Terri Tiffany said...

Whoo hoo!! Congrats to you! There is NOTHING better than a new baby to take up our time!

SquirrelQueen said...

Congratulations on the new arrival. He is a cutie. Glad to hear all is well with mom.

Sorry, I have been missing is action lately too. Things just got so busy around here I got way behind on visiting everyone.

Judy

Lille Diane said...

What a gorgeous baby! Family! Don't you just love new parent glow? There is no high like it. We are two peas in a pod. Getting sleep works for my cat but not me. We have to stop meeting this way... LOL I love you, sis~

Sandy said...

Visiting all followers from The Bridge today to ask folks to double their efforts to help us keep people warm.

Hope you're having a wonderful wkend.

Sandy

Had to laugh when I read about you fishing under the pillows for your phone. Poor thing, you really needed some sleep. Glad all went so well. They do C-sections so much more often now then they used to and women seem to recover almost quicker from that than regular deliveries.