Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two Wolves... food for thought

I don't know who wrote this to give credit...  It came to me in an e-mail today, and I thought it was worthy of sharing. 

           One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.  
           He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.
"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
"The other is God - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: 
"Which wolf wins?"
 The old Cherokee simply replied,
           "The one you feed."
 
 
Thanks friends for hanging with me during my extended break.  I will be returning very soon.  Don't forget about the giveaway!  I didn't...,

10 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

A good one, definitely something to think about.

Good to see you on the blog again Lily, it's been awhile.

DJan said...

You have been active (at least a little) on Facebook, so I know you're okay. I look forward to your return soon!

Sandy said...

Oh, you've already moved. I've been here before. Actually guess I never saw the previous blog. lol
Quick note to invite you to hop over to my blog where I'll ad updates regarding Jan at Animal Talk, my SIL so you can keep informed on her condition post surgery.
Sandy
Traveling Suitcase

Sandy said...

Love that, didn't take time the other day to read when I was quickly posting connections for Jan, and wanted to pop back.
Thanks too for your prayers, we all appreciated it.
Sandy

Historical sites with charmine said...

'The one you feed' worth paying attention to.I like that.I've been off blogging too,will post soon.
Have a nice day Lily.

Sandy said...

Popping in to say hi, hope you have a great wkend.
Sandy

Ziggy Stardust said...

I love this post.
Happy Labor Day

Anne and Sasha

Marilyn said...

Lily great to see you again. Great post. Just returned from a journey in Zhongshan and back in Nanjing. Hope you are doing well on the farm.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Perfect post!!!! How are you? How's your writing coming? Miss you!! Love, Janine XO

Sandy said...

Me again...I see you on FB...hope that doesn't mean you've given up blogging? I soooooooooo prefer it. I think you can do more and be more personal...so come back and type. I'll be checking back in. lol