Welcome to my blog! If you enjoy my stories, please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!

Monday, March 23, 2009

long day

I traded my old car for some work. This guy's a handy-man and is not afraid of work! It wore me out just watching! Anyway, one of the jobs I had him do was to dig up all my Japanese blood grass (that was getting out of hand) and all the irises in the rear bed. What was I thinking? Yes, it saved me a lot of hard work, but now I've got to put it all back in the ground! So I've got this huge area of irises waiting to be replanted. I got about a third of it done today. My back hurts. I think I have blisters on my toes!

Four years ago I bought 3 small pots of blood grass. I divided each pot into 2 or 3 plants. I didn't know how fast it would spread. Now I have enough of the grass to cover my dining room floor! That's a lot of digging. I think I'll turn in early tonight.

No comments: